Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ico/Wanda and the Colossus Ltd Box

IMG_9665
Ok, I can’t contain my excitement about his set.  It is the release of the brilliant games from the PS2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.  This is the Japanese release which has a super sexy box set and is the enhanced version for the PS3.   I raved on about how Shadow of the Colossus was one of my favourite games in another post and since PS2 game look like poop on a nice TV, I have been hoping for an update like this since they announced the God Of War games.

Read on to see how wonderful this set is.


Well, it comes in a lovely all-encompassing box for a start.  It has some great artwork on it and the name of the set is slightly embossed as well.
IMG_9666IMG_9667

It has a sleeve thing around most of it, so you don’t get to see the whole box art until you take it out of the plastic.  On the back it has the usual info, number of players, rating, sound and resolution output etc.  They actually enhanced the game to make them both 3-D.  Man, I would actually quite like to see Shadow in 3-D!  There are no pictures spruiking the games or graphics, mainly due to it being a collector’s edition.  It also comes with a voucher for a dynamic theme and Avatar thingo.

Out of the plastic, behold the vibrant box!!!

IMG_9668

IMG_9671IMG_9669
IMG_9670
MMmmmmm, close-ups!!

The back has a nice effect, in that the names are embossed and slightly glossily printed.  You have to look very closely.  I love the outer box, it really ads a bit of pizazz!!
IMG_9672

The box is a slip case of sorts, you have probably seen the type on DVD box sets.  Inside are the two separate game cases, an art book and the download voucher code.

IMG_9675

The game cases.

Ico (pronounced ‘eeko’ like the ‘i’ in ‘it’)

IMG_9678IMG_9679
Still sealed… for now

Not anymore though!
The inside and Instructions look great, both Shadow and Ico had interesting instruction manuals, quite different from the usual type you see with the controller map and things in there.

IMG_9694IMG_9695IMG_9696IMG_9697IMG_9698


Shadow of the Colossus, or Wanda and the Colossus in Japan.

IMG_9676IMG_9677
Unsealed.  I couldn’t wait and got it cranking when I got home.

Instructions are cool for this one too!

IMG_9689IMG_9690IMG_9691IMG_9692IMG_9693


Very nice so far!  Next up, a little look at the art book.  It has a small section spruiking the next game from the same studio, called “The Last Guardian”   (Video here) and some interviews and stuff on that. Later on in the book, it has some storyboards for both Shadow and Ico and art sketches.  It’s a really good little book actually.  I wasn’t expecting it to be this good!

IMG_9680IMG_9681IMG_9682IMG_9683IMG_9684IMG_9685IMG_9686IMG_9687IMG_9688

Finally the voucher with my download code, obscured naturally.  I want that dynamic Theme!!

IMG_9700

So, all up a really good little set.  Nice and cheap, I managed to get mine for 6000 yen and with some FANTASTIC presentation going on, this is a great limited edition version of the game.  Collectors edition? Hell yes it certainly is.  I recommend this to everyone!  The games are both ace and the whole package just oozes class!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please, please scan the artbook or at least the lithography of the two games please i cant find the image in hq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to say fine, but the fact that I am a little bit lazy and lacking a scanner at the moment says I probably won't get around to it. Sorry

      Delete

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.